Do Pakistani girls/ladies like to wear Western outfits in Pakistan?
Yes they do. Especially the newer generation.
However not all of them, just a fraction and the western outfits usually are limited to modest pieces such as jeans, t shirts, pants, trousers, suits or blouses. Ethnic wear is a fashion statement in itself so many prefer to wear ethnic designs with pride but it mostly depends on the weather too. The colder it is the more western wear is preferred and vice versa. It also depends on the location and geography, as certain places are conservative so it really depends.
They do not wear short dresses or skirts unless they are ***.
While wearing western wear they prefer to keep the silhouette modest, simple and crisp, hence nothing that shows too much skin. Infact skin exposure is kept to a minimum as we are a conservative society. The western wear has to reflect our values so most opt for looser fit if its somthing more flashy.
Even the western outfits are influenced by ethnic wear and kaftans are commonly worn with jeans.
This is what is trending these days in western wear. There is a very typical way Pakistani girls wear western outfits. You will see alot of layering, focus is always shifted to shoes or accessories and polished look to hair and face. These are some pictures of regular Pakistani girls on GT.
Short answer is, Yes, they do. But question is what %age of total female population like to wear western outfits? Approx 65% of population live in rural or semi urban areas, so the remaining is 35% living in cities. Out of this I think there is further segmentation who likes or dislike.
Generally, girls /ladies living in big cities like Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad etc plus females doing jobs or college /University students prefer and like western outfits. Further adoption of western outfit is mainly limited to jeans/trouser asnd shirts. However, Pakistani society is generally Conservative, so short skirts or shorts are not in use, ladies also avoid a dress where she has to expose her skin.
Another reason of adoption is, they feel more comfortable and durable specially in winter as compare to traditional shalwar qameez. There is no doubt that westren outfit trend is increasing in dress, shoes and hair etc.