Answer ( 1 )

  1. Most vitamins are water-soluble, so any excess is excreted through the urine, meaning as long as you stay hydrated and have properly functioning kidneys, you should be fine. However, the vitamin D group, along with A, E, and K, are fat-soluble, so their levels can potentially build up in the body to the point of toxicity. Vitamin D toxicity is very rare, and it’s very unlikely that a normal human will reach a dangerous level of vitamin D unless they’re supplementing well over 10,000IU per day even if they’re absorbing a lot from the sun. For comparison, a doctor or nutritionist will typically recommend 600-1000IU supplementation for deficient individuals.

Leave an answer