What is the process to marry a Mexican woman in the USA?

Mudassir Ali
Feb 26, 2020 01:39 PM 0 Answers
Member Since Dec 2019
Subscribed Subscribe Not subscribe
Mudassir Ali
- Feb 26, 2020 01:40 PM

Lucky you! Non-citizens can get married in the US just as easily as citizens. Since immigration is exclusively a federal matter and marriages are handled exclusively by the states, the nationality of the bride and groom are irrelevant to the process

The details of the process will vary between different states, but it generally goes like this:

Go to city hall together to apply for a marriage license. You’ll each need a photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport).
Have the marriage officiated. This can by done by a religious minister in a “church wedding”, or by a city employee in a civil ceremony.
Complete the information on the marriage license (e.g. signatures of officiant and witnesses) and return it to city hall.
And voila, you’re married.

You didn’t say if bride and groom want to live together in the US after getting married. That could be anywhere from a non-issue to impossible, depending on the circumstances.

Reply on This
Replying as Submit
0 Subscribers
Submit Answer
Please login to submit answer.
0 Answers